Friday 1 July 2011

Imee Ooi - Metta - The Chant of Loving Kindness

My love of this blog is the journey on which I go to find material to write about - the intentionality of purpose to enlighten myself and hopefully enlighten others. I was delighted on my previous post to discover the work of Imee Ooi the new age Buddhist musician. Her music and beliefs are infused in this beautiful rendition of a traditional Buddhist chant. At the core of Buddhist philosophy is the concept of metta - or loving kindness the act that fills the heart with joy and shines out from one who brings it into their hearts.

We live but a short time and are often trapped within the prisons of our own personalities and desires unable to see beyond the limits of our own egos - in this rendition with an English narrative it is like a Buddhist prayer. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Let one not be submerged by the things of the world. Let one not take upon oneself the burden of riches.



No comments:

Post a Comment